Teacher of English
Job start: Easter or September 2020
Salary: MPS/UPS – TLR opportunities available for suitable candidates
Drapers’ Academy is seeking an inspirational English teacher. Additional responsibilities for a TLR are negotiable dependent upon experience.
Are you a dynamic, committed and inspirational teacher? Do you have the drive and determination to play a significant role in our expanding English team?
If so, this is an exciting time to join us. Our English team has a blend of experienced teachers; including the Head of Faculty, Literacy Coordinator, a Lead practitioner, NQTs and trainees. The diverse staff make the Faculty an interesting and unique environment to work in.
We are proud of our achievements as a school and this year 50.62% of our pupils achieved 9-5 for English, with 68.3% achieving 9-4.
Our Sixth Form is growing, and English Literature continues to be a popular post-16 choice.
If you are committed to excellence in teaching and learning, use innovative methods in the classroom and are able to disseminate your passion and ideas to others then this role is for you.
Drapers’ Academy has much to offer:
- All staff receive an iPad
- A clear vision for our school to deliver high standards of education for its community
- State-of-the-art campus surrounded by acres of countryside
- An environment that promotes innovation
- Opportunities to teach across KS3, 4 and 5
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme provided by the Education Support Network, offering individual support, information and advice including financial, legal and home-life and work-related issues
- Committed and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Our own 6th Form dedicated to A Level teaching
- Membership of the Havering Teacher Training Partnership to support NQT induction, teacher training and CPD of staff at all levels
- An employer who invests in the development of their staff with a commitment to your ongoing professional development
- Close proximity to the M25 (Junction 28, Brentwood) and the A12 for ease of access from London, Kent, Essex or Hertfordshire and ample secure on-site parking
- Short bus journey from Harold Wood (Cross Rail) train station
- Committed sponsors – The Drapers Company and Queen Mary University of London.
Drapers’ Academy is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in the commitment.
This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
Further details about this post and an Application Form are available by visiting our school website.
Closing date: Friday 7th February 2020
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link. If you experience any technical difficulties, please call the support desk on 020 7427 8250 or email at email@example.com